Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Book Nazi

"Agaih! Agaih!" (That would be "Again, Again!" without the "n.") That is what Graham screams at the TOP of his lungs in his vibrant little one-year-old voice as soon as you finish reading one of his books to him, close the cover, and say "the end."

The child is relentless. There are books everywhere in this house, because I wanted to encourage a love of reading, but I never anticipated this overwhelming response. No matter what I'm doing Graham is always chasing me down, book-in-hand with a little persistent scream. "Abuh! Abuh!" (translation = "A book! A book!") He'll follow me and whine until he gets to sit in my lap and I finally open the book for him.

If I'm reading Cole one book and Graham has a different selection in mind, he will come over and try to slam Cole's book closed, throw it on the floor and hand me HIS book in it's place. You can imagine that goes over REALLY well with Cole.

He has his favorites and he'll demand the same book over and over and over again. "Agaih! Agaih!"

At one point his demands continued so persistently despite Dan's attempts to engage him in a nice game of catch with his brother, that Dan finally laughed and said, "Son, put down the book and pick up a football already!"

Someone is definitely his Mama's child. I couldn't be prouder!

No comments: